Monday 2 November 2009

Unearthed food



Whilst attempting to clear the many thousand of leaves that had accumulated on my lawn this weekend, I "Unearthed" some really great food. No, not mushrooms or truffles, but olives, Feta cheese and salami! Seriously, I was sent some fantastic produces to try which I also saw was available to buy in my local waitrose.


I took these with me to a family gathering this weekend and they were tested by no less than 24 of us with ages varying from 15 to 75. I am pleased to say. they were well received and we were all impressed with both the quality and taste. The stuffed Olives with hot chilli peppers we decided were more of a "boys" dish as the girls found these just too hot, but strangely, the men really preferred them over the other olives provided. We loved the name and packaging which clearly had been given plenty of thought. You can either serve the olives in the nice containers they arrive in or tip them out in to your own bowls. The Feta cheese was some of the best we had ever tasted and the salami just perfect. So overall we were impressed and I am sure a trip to waitrose for some more will be certain for our next family gathering.

1 comment:

  1. I had a batch too of these and was impressed by the quality, loved the 'hot' olives but would of actually prefered them even spicier! :)

    ReplyDelete